Benefits at Debt Free Advice
As well as awesome colleagues and work that improves the lives of Londoners every day, there are loads of ways we help our colleagues do the best work of their lives. We often review and enhance them, but here’s a brief overview of the benefits we offer right now. If you’d like more information on any of them, just ask!
- Competitive salary for each role
- Salary reviewed annually
- 25 days holiday a year, plus bank holidays - please use them all!
- This increases to 28 days after two years, 29 days after your third year and rises to a total of 30 days after five complete years!
- We'll automatically enrol you into our pension scheme with Standard Life
- We offer a 4% employer pension contribution on top of your salary
- You'll need to pay 5% too, and you can opt to pay more for the tax benefits!
- You can opt out if you'd rather not have a pension at all
Health & Wellbeing
- Generous paid sick leave for both physical & mental health - weeks full, 12 weeks half pay when you've done a year of service
- Paid time off for medical and dental appointments
- Contribution towards eye tests and spectacles
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers a 24/7 confidential advice line for health, legal & bereavement support
- Learning budget for books, training courses and conferences
- Regular knowledge-sharing sessions
- We're a member of the cycle-to-work scheme
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Two days a year to volunteer for a charity of your choice and make difference in the community
- Paid off for public duties e.g local Councillor or School Govenor
- Paid maternity, paternity, adoption or shared parental leave
- Up to two days paid time off for domestic emergencies
- Paid compassionate leave
Vacancies at Debt Free Advice
Toynbee Hall is the lead partner of Debt Free Advice, and the employer for these current vacancies:
Reports to: Customer Care Manager and Deputy Customer Care Manager
Salary: £28,350 per annum
Working Hours: 35 hours per week (full time - various working pattern)
Location: Various locations across London
Closing date for applications: Monday, 20th November (10am)
Vacancies with our partners
Debt Free London launches a new report which highlights the extent of problem debt in London and the issues that they are dealing with most frequently.
We’re extremely sad to hear that one of our debt advice partners, Lambeth Law Centre, has been forced to cease all operations as of 16th July 2019.
A staggering 1.6 million Londoners live every day with problem debt. They might face arrears for punishingly high rent or for council tax. Matt Dronfield, Head of Debt Free London shares what we’re doing to achieve our ambition of a debt free London.
We’re extremely sad to hear that one of our debt advice partners, Advising Communities, has been forced to cease all operations as of 1st May 2019.
Debt Free London (formerly known as Capitalise) is making its service easier to find, understand and use. It has helped over 250,000 people since launching in 2006, however, debt is still a growing problem across the capital.
James Ashall, CEO of Movement to Work - a collaboration of the UK's top business working together to eradicate youth unemployment, writes about the direct correlation between child poverty and the unemployment ratio at 19 years old.
The myth that people on lower incomes are not active savers is conclusively disproved by a new report from Toynbee Hall, the lead partner of Debt Free London, supported by the Building Societies Association.
Brian Moulton, a Debt Advisor at Citizens Advice Greenwich, shares how he helped Martha to challenge, and beat, unfair charges in relation to three Council Tax debts for different financial years which had been through the legal stages allowing the Local Authority to enforce the debts.